The Family Fund
The Family fund will sometimes give grants for young people with Type 1, however it is more usual if you have other conditions too. Grants are for essential items to help ease additional pressures that families face.
To check if you can apply visit:
Supporting Children with Diabetes (SCD)
To provide a hardship fund to help families whose children suffer from Diabetes and who do not have the means to support them during times of crisis. The money would be used primarily to help families buy vital equipment which is not available through the NHS.
CRITERIA TO APPLY FOR GRANT
1. Applicant must be receiving treatment for Diabetes from a hospital in the UK.
2. Age limit normally 19 years old.
3. Applicants must be resident in the UK.
4. Applicants must be in receipt of means tested benefits to include either Income Support, JSA or Tax Credits.
5. Grants will not be available as a regular supplement to income and should only be applied for in times of crisis.